Thursday, July 14, 2011

Not bad for a first time....

Last year my mum gave me a nice chunky beaded necklace that she had bought on one of her many travels. She wasn't sure if I would like it even though, somehow she usually does really well shopping for me. I did like it. A lot. But it wasn't quite me. So we had talked about how I could re-fashion it into something I would get a lot more use out of. When I was younger I did a lot of beaded jewelry making, nothing too fancy it was really just for fun, so I knew it wouldn't be too difficult I just needed the supplies which are not possible to get here in New Cal. Anyway, I just returned from an unexpected trip to Australia and my mum gave me a bunch of jewelry making supplies. So, knowing I wanted to wear this necklace and possibly earrings to a wedding tomorrow, I got myself organised and did the re-fashion this morning. I just didn't take a before picture! Oopps! So here it is, the final product.....

I'm pretty proud of how it all turned out. Oh and by the way, no, I didn't get the black and white/silver beads mixed up. I freaked out myself when I looked at the photos. In fact the bead is half black and half clear/crystaly. I should have fixed it up for the photo. Oh well.

And here are some pretties I found that I thought I'd share.



 


xoxo
          Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment